Cool. I’ve been tagged for a Meme by Sandy@ http://www.momisodes.com. I love it when other people give you blogging fodder, it makes life a little more palatable.
1. Link to the people that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Seven Weird and|or Random Facts About Me
2. When I was a tweenie, people would mistake me for a boy ALL THE TIME. I hated it but never got the nerve to say anything rude back.
3. When I was 10, I crossed a live train track (I did it quite frequently), however, this specific area of the track had a blind corner. I heard the train speeding around the corner after just leaving a station and it honked loudly at me. I was in the middle of the two tracks at the time and had no idea which direction it was coming from. Luckily, it went behind me after I bounded across to the other side (in slow motion). I never, ever crossed another track again.
4. I despise white socks and dark trousers with a passion. Not much else to say on that one.
5. I was followed home from work one night by a guy I went through training with. He’d e-mailed me (AT WORK, mind) for a few weeks prior to this, asking me strange and|or inappropriate questions (what size did I think was normal, etc.) I phoned the police on him and he was fired. Then I found out Scotland doesn’t have stalking laws and all they could charge him with was Breach of the Peace. I was mad. (He wasn’t even good-looking. Are they ever?)
6. When I was 24, I dated a guy (his name really was Guy, lol) back in Scotland who I thought was 30. The day of our date, he told me he was 40 after much prodding from me (and thankfully we were on the phone at the time so he didn’t see my jaw drop). By then, it was too late to back out.
7. Caught in a torrential downpour whilst running home from High School (I was about 12) one day, I was faced with a dilemma: I really needed to pee. I was still a good five minutes from walking through my front door and was completely soaked head to toe. Everything. My blazer, pullover, shirt, tie, skirt, slip, thick tights, knickers – the lot*. So I did what any desperate person would have done. I just let it go. You’re the first one I’ve told. My poor wee Mum doesn’t even know this story.
* Every school in the UK wear a uniform, not just Catholic, like the US.
If you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged.