I wasn’t kidding about the flatbed scanner death. Prime example: here is a photo of a photo. My ‘something blue’ were my toe nails. And the kilt idea? Totally his. Of course, I backed him up 100% — how could I not? For those interested, he wore Black Watch.
Happy birthday to my wonderful husband. The man who…
1. Convinced me I had been hiding behind my glasses for twenty-two years and to finally ditch them. He saw me for who I was and convinced me that my self-esteem was battered and bruised. I trusted him and took the leap. People I was friends with who only knew me with glasses, don’t recognise me at all without. I took them off for our wedding photos.
2. Washes pots and pans because he knows I hate to do it. I was turned against them as a 16-year-old faced with congealed gravy with skin, and had to delve into it sans gloves to clean the thing. I also knew I couldn’t have at it with the brush or the scrubby. In my own defense, I’ll wash them if I absolutely have to.
3. Heats my cold toes up even though they could double as a cold compress. They get cold even if I keep shoes on.
4. Signed up for a channel package which included BBC America seven years ago to make me feel more at home.
5. Surprised me the first Christmas we were married with a stocking full of British goods, including Irn Bru, a Double Decker, British sausages (they were technically in the fridge), Ambrosia Custard and a few other lovelies.
6. Puts me above all else and has foregone Scout Roundtable meetings and other things to take care of me if I’ve had a bad day.
7. Puts the lid down, and then flushes. Classic microbiologist trait.
8. Loves me implicitly.
I don’t think I could quite sum it up as I did 3 years ago. Here’s the link, go see for yourself.
That’s a great photo. Your husband sounds wonderful!
Fabulous pic! (I’ve taken pics of pics myself and that one turned out really nicely!) You got yourself a keeper with that feller!
That photo is totally gorgeous. You two fit together nicely: beautiful couple! 🙂
Happy, happy birthday to the hubby, and many more!
Too sweet. You two have a love that I hope to find someday. You’re both very lucky, but it’s obvious you know that! :o)
All great qualities and Happy Birthday, Bryan!
America is full guys like that!
I might have guested something of Bryan’s were blue wearing that kilt! 🙂
Yay – it’s SPANKEYS birthday!!!
Siobannie, be sure to give spankster a huge appropriate side hug from me and say I said HB.
LOVE THAT GUY.
I would just love to say that he is a teddy bear, a gentle loving, strong, sensible, funny, witty, intelligent and cute guy, that picked the best wife ever.
love ya both!
Now that’s sweet.
Happy Bday Brian! And, I was gonna ask, because you know I WOULD KNOW it, if I’d been able to see the colors better.
Perfect match, looks like!
Happy B-Day to your Hubby!!
Awww, lovely photo! Happy birthday to the hubby!
DH was intrigued to hear about your cold feet – he’s decided it must be something to do with the Scottish genes. He bought me a hot water bottle a couple of Christmases ago, but I still prefer to warm my toes up on him!
I love the gushy stuff! He sounds like a keeper and you guys look like such a Handsome and Beautiful couple…tried to get my husband to go for the kilt but it was a no go for him…of course, I didn’t have the accent and time lived in Scotland going for me like you did! 🙂
Happy Birthday to your Sweet Husband!
Happy Birthday Mr. ABritDiff’t!
Love your choice for the hunt, S!
Awe… you darling little thing!
So the burning question is … did he wear the kilt as a true Scotsman would?
I find socks in bed at night help with the dreaded cold feet ailment. :o)
Sounds like you’ve got a keeper 🙂 Happy bday to him!
What beautiful tributes (both of them) to a man who sounds like an absolute dream. May he continue to cherish you and you him.
Happy birthday Bryan.
Blue toenails – how cute!
Loved the Thursday 13 jokes by the way – “what’s the tartan?” – hahaha – and “piston broke” – brill!
What a gorgeous, gorgeous photo (even if it is a picture of a picture LOL!) And a sweet post.
Happy belated to your cute hubby! He sounds like an absolute sweetheart.
Hey, and he’s a microbiologist?! Who knew (hubs has a degree in micro too)
If only I could get Adrian to put the toilet lid down…
Happy Birthday to the hubby! You have a sweet husband 🙂 David does some of those same kinda things for me: takes Chetie out, takes out the trash, lets me warm his feet between his legs when we crawl into bed, etc. Oh, I also close the lid and flush. I hate those automatic flushers—-I run from the stall with my pants half up!!!
Happy belated Birthday Bryan! Hope you had a great day and wonderful year to follow.
The one thing I insisted on when we got married…flushing the toilet with the lid down…
He gave you Irn Bru for Christmas?! Definately a keeper.
You both look amazing!!!!