2. You know, sometimes ads on T.V. creep me out no end. One in particular is for the WowWee pet toys creepazoids. They make my skin crawl! You may have overheard the jingle, “so alive to meeee….” Yeah, that’s the one. I’d link to them, but I can’t bring myself to do it.
3. I was hoping to say, “all three of my laundry hampers are empty for the first time in, well, about two years. I can’t. I am, however, a lot further forward and almost at the end. You will remember I wash things in spurts. I wash nothing for two weeks because I’m sick of it and then clean everything in sight. Let’s hope I don’t get sick of it again before I finish these last four loads.
4. I chopped my hair yesterday. Not in a self-mutilating kind of way, but in a I-paid-someone-else-to-do-it fashion. There’s a good 2 inches gone from the length — that’s 6 inches in old money. I really like it, but if I happen to drift past a mirror, I get twinges of scissor remorse.
5. I’ve decided having boys is like owning a dog. They are one in the same. They jump on furniture, steal food, mess up my carpet, shred toilet paper, refuse to nap and bring home random insects. Bugs of choice? Grasshoppers and Ladybirdsbugs.
6. Next time I buy a 12 oz bag of M&Ms to make cookies, I should probably make cookies with them. You should note a single serving bag is a mere 1.69 oz.
7. What chance do I have when my own children can’t understand me? We decided a few weeks ago to make Ian a job chart — just small things to ease him into the world of work and manipulation — and when he completes his jobs, he gets tokens. The other day I said, “Ian, what’s your Tuesday job?” “But I didn’t choose anything!” he responded sounding miffed and indignant. Insert heaving sigh here.
8. Cameron has always been great at going down for the night. You utter the immortal words, “it’s time for bed sweetheart”, he rubs his eyes, you place him in bed, he rolls over and goes to sleep. Four nights ago, he decided to mix it up a little. Now, he’d already perfected getting out of bed, that’s not new…but, he hadn’t implemented the skill at night. Three nights ago he got out of bed twenty-one times. A little specific? Yes, it was. I COUNTED.
9. I’ve been experiencing anxiety lately, and it won’t shift. I feel on-edge all the time, but not too much that I can’t handle it. I don’t feel myself though. Deep sighing does eliminate it, but it comes back. I have no idea what’s causing it, but it makes me fluctuate between being laid-back and carefree to high stressed and flying off the handle. I feel like a teenage monster even I don’t recognise.
10. I would love to add another baby to the family, but I worry about depression and losing more hair. Depression is a scary thing and I know to expect it now.
11. Ever since having Cameron, my hair has been perpetually falling out. I have a receding hairline and it bothers me. I used to have a thick head of hair and it’s slowly diminishing. I have started eating more avocados, fish and nuts to strengthen it. I’m thinking it might be a reaction to #9.
12. Thanks to binge stress eating (read: #6), and not actively exercising, I need to get back on the treadmill. Before we left for Scotland, I was only 6 pounds away from my ideal weight, I am now 11 pounds away. Doesn’t seem like much, but when you’re 5’5″ my caloric intake is enough to maintain the figure I despise.
13. In addition to climbing out of bed, the next day, Cameron suddenly uttered the words “yes” and “no”. I’ve noticed “no” is utilised a lot more. For all that is sweet and holy, he is not two for another 2.5 months. Save me … or send a packet of M&Ms.