I’ve been tagged by someone I just recently started reading: Mom or Mum Wars. I get to answer these 7 questions then pass it on to someone else. I swear I’ve done this before. Let me go check. Ah yes, here it is here. I did this one almost 7 months ago; that’s pretty good odds considering how many Memes there are orbiting cyberspace.
1. Where were you ten years ago?
I was living in my hometown in Scotland. I got a job at RBS (The Royal Bank of Scotland) in their mortgage centre. It was dull and I realised how I didn’t like working in the mortgage side of finances. Or any side of finances. (Sorry Kat!) Totally not what I went to College for, but it was a job and it was there. It was a 6-month contract with an opportunity to extend. My boss, Janice (GrrrrRrrrr) told me, “we’ve decided not to renew your contract…because you think too much.” Wha?? OK, let’s not overlook that I completed an on-the-job training course that was condensed from a year into 6 months, and I completed it in five. She was a fool to let me go. I thought it ironic that my previous boss (from another company) was also named Janice. She was a beast too.
I dated my ex-boyfriend, again. Sad mistake.
My wee brother had just started high school (age 11).
My other brother became a father.
2. What’s on your To-Do list today?
Here’s my list from yesterday…
Straighten the house it imploded again within the hour
Phone my hair stylist I keep saying “I’ll do it after lunch”
Phone a friend
Phone my mum
Read a book
Wait for Bryan to get off work
3. What if you were a Billionaire?
I really don’t think I’d want to be that rich. But I’d have a 7-bedroom house furnished with Ethan Allen and I’d buy my Mum a nice little place in the Highlands near my brother.
4. Five places you have lived?
Scotland: Paisley; Greenock USA: Sacramento, CA; Layton, Utah; State College, PA.
5. Three bad habits?
1. I’m really bad at remembering to take medication, I have to have it where I’ll see it. If the kids need amoxicilin, I have to write a note on the fridge.
2. If I have an appointment somewhere and it takes 15 mins to get there, I’ll leave dead on 15 mins. Needless to say, we always get stuck behind a dottering granny or a bloody tractor.
3. Occasionally not talking to people because I don’t want the attention it sometimes draws. This sometimes causes mild phone phobia too. Ironic cos I used to work in a call centre.
6. Snacks you like?
Since there’s no limit…those fizzy sour worms – what they called? Peach rings, Chex Mix (minus the pretzels), swedish fish, junior mints, natural white cheddar cheetos. UK: maltesers.
7. Who will you tag?
Anyone. Do it because you want to, not because you have to.