Well, my friends (yes, you) I have now been with WP for a whopping three weeks. This was my first official post (if you missed it) and I’m loving it here already. To celebrate, I’m staying up late and composing this as I hit my sarcastic peak–usually after midnight. Plus, it’s depressing to head to bed when you’ve become second only to a week-long ISO 9001 certification.
Thank you, MSN Spaces for helping me see the light. It took me a while – just 2½ years of blogging torture and misery – but I moved on mentally and physically. I shall no more feel used and cheap, nay! No longer discarded and unwanted–tossed aside like a Commodore 64 in a Pawn Shop.
1. Now, I know you made me Space of the Week twice and even included me in a snazzy booklet you distributed at a technology convention blah, blah (which technically makes me a published writer–Ithankyou!), but it’s all too little too late my friend. We’re done. Over. No moooooore.
2. Don’t come crying to me begging me to reconsider: I left no forwarding address. For good reason.
3. The last straw was when you disabled <a href> functions. Gone was my clickable banner. You’re Suckingham Palace my friend.
4. I can publish a post here anytime I feel like it. I can archive all my old stuff and put it in this shiny new place.
5. But – WORDPRESS! – I cannot, canNOT transload it from MSN, you don’t support it. Cheers for that. That and my gazillion old comments from my wee lovelies. I have to painstakingly publish. One. At. A. Freakin. Time. Lovely biscuits.
I forgive you though.
6. Okay, maybe one sincere thank you. Thanks for posting me on the MSN Homepage. I got 95,000 hits that day. I also wet my (British) pants. Twice.
7. I can have as many categories as I please. Read them and weep. No, really.
8. And, I don’t even need to publish with a category, you pedantic fools.
9. How many ex-pats did you introduce me to? Hmmm…let’s see. None. I now rub shoulders with seven, and three Anglophiles.
10. I can e-mail WP HQ. How bloody cool is that?!
11. I can propel myself (if I so choose) to my own website. Kiss that MSN.
12. Sandboxes galore. That’s all I’m saying.
13. You still have (a year-and-a-half of) my stuff and I’m coming back to get it. You can keep the Cindy Lauper CD though.