1. Firstly and rather boringly … the name’s Siobhán – pronounced “Shi-Vawn”.
2. It’s Irish. To all those who’ve made this weird comment, I say no, I don’t think it’s weird to have an Irish name and I’m Scottish. Bryan’s name is Scottish and he’s American. So there.
3. I was born (and raised) in Scotland.
4. With a view overlooking an immense river.
5. I still miss it a lot.
6. I’m an INFJ.
7. I’m also a permanent resident.
8. I moved to the States on 08 Dec 1999.
9. I was coming over for six months for a change of scenery|bit of a challenge|I was in a rut.
6. It’s been a long six months. It’s been nine years. (For those who couldn’t be naffed counting)
7. I’m completely average: 5’5”, American shoe size 7½ (British 5).
8. I was born 8 weeks early.
9. I think that’s the last time I was so early for anything.
10. I’m a middle child, two brothers, one with 6 years on one side and 12 on the other.
11. I met my husband online.
12. He’s a microbiologist. He blinded me with science.
13. A fortune teller (I did it for a laugh) once told me I was a late bloomer.
14. I think I’m just beginning to find myself.
15. I’ve changed my outward appearance drastically over the past three years.
16. Maybe she was right about that.
17. I can be far too accommodating and get walked on.
18. I’m pretty patient.
19. It takes a lot to get me annoyed. But when I am, stand back.
20. I correct peoples’ spelling all the time. Mostly mentally.
21. I’m spiritual.
22. I can be stubborn.
23. I’m sometimes fickle.
24. I’m opinionated when I’m passionate about something.
25. I’m really sarcastic.
26. I’m shy. Honest.
27. I care about what people think of me.
28. I’m very loyal to my friends.
29. I get hurt easily.
30. I have a big heart.
31. I’m sentimental. Or maybe just mental.
32. I notice peoples’ eyes first, even if I’m not talking to them.
33. I really love Spring: The cool air, the new life.
34. I love silver/white gold/platinum jewellery.
35. My wedding ring is yellow gold, I don’t remember why.
36. I love wearing men’s socks.
37. I have come to appreciate alone time.
38. I’m very tactile.
39. It’s one reason I love hugs.
40. I’m a very private person.
41. I don’t wear a watch.
42. I love to travel.
43. I love being around young kids. Especially tweenies.
44. I have a soft spot for marines.
45. I love to design|draw|paint|sketch.
46. I need to do more of it.
47. I also love to cook from scratch, I find it very therapeutic. And rewarding.
48. Meatloaf is one of my fave dishes to make.
49. I used to be scared gas cookers/stoves would blow up on me.
50. I now own one and would never go back to electric.
51. Spiders never bothered me till I came to the U.S.
52. I have a really varied music taste.
53. From Snow Patrol, U2 and Stevie Wonder to Michael Bublé, Maroon 5 and Gwen Stefani.
54. And everything in-between. Except country.
55. My guilty pleasure is disco.
56. I’ve never tried illegal drugs.
57. The oldest guy I dated was 16 years older than me.
58. I have four knuckle lines on my left pinky for some strange reason.
59. I love slide puzzles and riddles.
60. I’m a huge cheese fan.
61. I love banana milkshakes.
62. I hate pretzels.
63. I love curry; and spicy food in general.
64. I’m not supposed to eat spicy food. I have IBS.
65. I like football. The British kind.
66. And snooker.
67. I’ve never been to Blackpool.
68. Or Disneyland, World or EuroDisney.
69. I enjoy going to the dentist.
70. I love Coconut & Lime Verbena and Mango Mandarin body creams from Bath and Body Works.
71. I love the smell of leather. And walking into a bakery. I also love the smell of a newly bathed baby.
72. I love lists, as long as they aren’t ‘To-do’ lists.
73. I wore a school uniform for 13 years of my life. Shirt, tie, blazer — the works. All schools, public or not in the UK have uniforms. Looking back, I’m glad I didn’t have to decide what to wear every day.
74. I really enjoy reading. But don’t do it nearly as often as I’d like.
75. My favourite flowers are Calla Lillies and gerbera daisies.
76. I think I had A.D.D. as a child. I’ll never know, no one ever bothered to find out the “why’s”.
77. I used to want to be a policewoman in the UK. I was one inch too short and didn’t have perfect eyesight. I’d never do it here, it’s far too dangerous.
78. I was constantly mistaken for a boy as a child|tween.
79. I still have self-esteem issues.
80. I love beating my husband at air hockey and pool. We’re also competitive with iPod Touch games like Fifteen.
81. I enjoy teaching myself something new. Even if it’s something like new a game. Like Backgammon
82. I’m not much of a feminist. I like that women can go out there and accomplish their dreams, but I’d much rather stay home with my children.
83. Ever since my husband and I got married, I’ve always worried. If he goes somewhere without me, I worry. If he’s over 15 minutes late getting home from work, I worry something awful has happened. My fears were realised a few months before we were married when he came home early from work one day saying he’d slid on black ice, stopped to help others who had rear ended each other and had to jump the concrete median to avoid an on-coming fast car as it barrelled towards him. It hit right where he’d been standing. My worrying is completely justified.
84. I can’t stand freezing cold weather. I don’t like anything above 80ºF either. I need to move to the west coast.
85. I’m such a perfectionist, but not for everything. I’d rather not attempt something monumental, in fear of failing. I’m more content to not try and wonder. I wish I could break myself of it. The kids have slapped the perfectionist out of me when it comes to the house though.
86. I wish I could swim stronger for longer. If I ever make it into a pool again.
87. It bothers me when people try to imitate my accent.
88. I don’t think it’s endearing.
89. Sometimes I think I should have been a teacher, or a hair dresser.
90. I’m easily excitable.
91. If I’m comfortable around you I’ll talk your ear off.
92. I think the Redwoods (Yosemite Park area) in California is a pretty spiritual place.
93. In my opinion the best fake (American) Scottish accent was Johnny Depp in Finding Neverland. (Don’t mention Groundskeeper Willie in my presence!) Maggie Smith does the best fake Scottish (she’s English) accent ever.
94. I taught myself basic and advanced HTML.
95. I like a clean house. Toddlers are not conducive to this idealism.
96. I love penguins and zoos in general. I could spend hours there.
97. I love making people laugh.
98. I learned conversational Italian in 5 months.
99. I’m somewhat of a recovering Internet addict, but still spend far too much time online.
100. I also watch far too many reality shows, even though I don’t like them.
101. I just read through this and realised I’m a freak no one will ever want to know.